Pages

August 23, 2012

Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies

Who doesn't love the combination of chocolate and coffee??!! These cookies have a wonderfully balanced taste, are not heavy/greasy, and oh so chocolaty. Enjoy!


Ingredients
1 stick butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 TBS instant coffee (I used 1 packet of Starbuck Via)
2 TBS soy milk (cow's milk or water work fine as well)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup plus 2 TBS all purpose flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips


Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. 


Cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg. Add the coffee and soy milk, mix until incorporated. In a separate bowl whisk together the cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and flour. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. 


Scoop the dough by the tablespoonful onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. 


Yield: about 2 dozen


If I could remember where I found this recipe I would gladly give the creator credit, but for the life of me I can't find it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment