Pages

February 17, 2012

DaRuMa Restaurant - Sarasota, FL

Food, atmosphere and server is great, but everything is overpriced (food and drinks). We started with the Tempura appetizer which included four small shrimp and four pieces of vegetables served with a mild sauce. The vegetables were surprisingly very greasy which I did not expect ($7.95). Their Asian beers started at $6 for 12oz so we passed on ordering one of those and went for a fancy martini instead ;-0

For dinner my husband had the Teriyaki Filet which came cut up into thin strips (maybe 6 oz) and smothered in sauce - while the dish was flavored very well the sauce seemed to overwhelm what should be a really nice cut of meat ($19.95); rice, vegetables, soup and salad also came with the meal. I ordered sushi - yellowfin and salmon sashimi and a Mexican roll ($20 total). The sashimi was wonderfully fresh and the Mexican roll flavorful and spicy. Since I really enjoyed the sushi I would go back for it, but I will likely not return for anything else.

DaRuMa Japanese Steak House and Sushi Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment